Many of us may be feeling helpless during this global crisis. The most important thing right now is that everyone does their part to help. For most of us, that means staying at home! And that is more than enough to help right now.
For others who have the means and want to donate money to help our healthcare workers or families who are struggling, ISLAND lab has made a list of reputable charities that help those more vulnerable populations.
- Direct Relief: Direct Relief is a medical relief organization that’s dedicated to improving the health and lives of those living in poverty. Right now, in response to COVID-19, Direct Relief is helping to manufacture and deliver personal protective equipment to frontline medical workers who need them.
- Feeding America: Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. In response to COVID-19, Feeding America has set up a Response Fund to help food banks across the country. This fund will help communities secure resources for communities in need
- Save the Children: Save the Children is a charity committed to helping children who are part of struggling communities around the world. COVID-19 has left children around the world stranded without education and left in unsafe conditions. Save the Children is helping to set up refugee camps and provide safe learning for kids who are targetted by the pandemic.
- Partners in Health: PIH is an organization that provides healthcare for third world countries. They help to bring modern science and medicine to places that don’t have access and are typically the hardest hit by illness. PIH has set up efforts to combat COVID-19 in the most vulnerable places to help stop the spread and to provide treatment to communities that need it.
- Boys and Girls Club: Boys and Girls Club helps to provide programs, mentors and safe environments for children who need it. During COVID-19, the Boys and Girls Club is providing meals and supporting families in need.
- Give Directly: Give Directly is a nonprofit organization that helps low-income families directly through donations. They are sending cash directly to places hit hardest by the pandemic for immediate impact.